Officer Becky Strong succumbs to the coronavirus.
Officer Becky Strong, 27 years of City service, died Aug. 2 of complications of the coronavirus.
A Club Member, she was most recently assigned to South Traffic Division.
She is survived by her husband, Bobby Wagner, a retired California Highway Patrol Sergeant. Officer Strong’s stepdaughter, Janae Baker, is a California Highway Patrol Public Safety Dispatcher assigned to the Los Angeles Communications Center.
In honor of Officer Strong, Capitol flags were flown at half-staff.
Officer Strong’s death increases the reported LAPD/LAFD victims of COVID total to 12 during the pandemic. May they rest in peace.
The others (previously reported in Alive!) who have passed away previously from coronavirus complications are:
- Sgt. Patricia Guillen, 77th Division, died Jan. 28, 2021 after 22 years of City service.
- Security Officer Dexter De Los Santos died Jan. 29, 2021 after 8 years of City service.
- Sgt. Fred Cueto, LAPD, died in December 2020 after 22 years of City service.
- Detention Officer Erica McAdoo, 39, died in July 2020.
- Officer Valentin Martinez, 45, LAPD, died in July 2020.
- Firefighter/Paramedic Jose Perez, LAFD, passed away in July 2020.
- PSR III Raymond Guerrero, a 911 Operator, died in January 2021 after 24 years of City service.
- Capt. 1 George Roque, LAFD, died in January 2021 after 22 years of City service.
- Sgt. Amelia “Terry” Martinez died in January 2021 after 27 years of City service.
- Officer II Philip Sudario died in January 2021 after 25 years of City service.
- Sgt. Anthony White, Transit Services Division, died April 15, 2021.