by John Hawkins, Association CEO
A Note From John Hawkins:
Club photographers, this marks my final month hosting the Picture Perfect Contest. Keeping to this final theme, I’m thankful for all of you, and I’ve enjoyed every awesome submission – hundreds, thousands – you’ve sent over the years that we’ve shared this space.
The contest continues next month, hosted by Noelle Kauffman, the Club’s Director of Sales and fan of great photos, too. Keep on snapping! — John
How to enter:
Do you love to take pictures? Submit your photos to the Picture Perfect contest. Once a month, the best pics are selected for publication. If your photo is published, you’ll receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card!. ENTER PICTURE PERFECT CONTEST
Theme: Things I’m Thankful for…
“I’m so grateful for our great-granddaughter … Play-Doh … costume jewelry with an Itsy Bitsy spider … and ‘pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake’ being sung and acting out. Doesn’t get any better!”
– John Nance, Retired, LADWP
John’s comment: How well I remember those days, John, well, at least for a daughter, not great-granddaughter! I love her concentration in this classic close-up.
“While there are many things I am thankful for, this one doesn’t really qualify, as my buddy is not a ‘thing.’ That said, I’m still very grateful for having ‘friends in high places’ — especially four-legged ones.”
– Yves Didier, Airport Police
“An impromptu late summer visit to Torrance Beach with my niece and nephews on a gorgeous and serene afternoon. So thankful for our beautiful Southern California coastline and my family, who keeps me young and experiencing and loving all life has to offer.”
– Mary Frances Sandoval, Retired, LADWP
John’s comment: Beautifully shot and said, Mary Frances. I love the feeling this photo gives me. Awesome photo.
“I am very thankful for my one-year-old grandson, Axel (my first). It’s so great that this little person can bring so much joy in to my life!”
– Renee Ramirez, LAFD
John’s comment: As awesome as Axel’s face is, it’s even better with the balloons –
an external reflection of his internal joy. Well done, Renee!
“Every Christmas season, my friend Inna and her daughter, Marika, come over to the house to decorate Christmas cookies with my son, Andrew, and me. It’s been nine years now, but it’s nice to spend the time with friends. It’s a tradition we’re thankful for.”
– Stephanie Burkhart, LAPD
John’s comment: Either you’re getting an early start, Steph, or this is from one of those nine previous years. Either way, this captured your tradition for when that tradition is no more, making it last forever.
Picture Perfect Contest Rules
- Please submit the full, original digital file (up to 3 megs file size).
- The contest is open to all Club members in good standing. Non-members are welcome to submit, but only Club members are eligible to win the monthly prize.
- Photos can be of any subject matter: vacation, portraits, families, landscapes, still lifes, pets, etc. Subject matter must be appropriate for Alive!
- If your photograph does not win, you are welcome to re-submit.
- Winners are chosen by Club staff. All decisions will be final.
- You must certify (if asked) that you indeed took the picture. No ringers!
- The contest is all in good fun: The Club cannot be responsible for delays in delivering Alive!, or for delays in the transmission of responses.