by John Hawkins, Association CEO
How to enter:
Do you love to take pictures? Submit your photos to the Picture Perfect contest. Once a month, the best pics are selected for publication. If your photo is published, you’ll receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card!. ENTER PICTURE PERFECT CONTEST
We received a ton of awesome photos this month and a few from previous month. Incredible! If you didn’t win this month, check back again next month. Stay tuned!
“Nothing says springtime in LA like some quality time on the water, especially when in the company of an albeit lazy swan that likes to hitch a ride. Still all fun and games (until the bird decided to relieve itself inside the boat).”
– Yves Didier, Airport Police
John’s comment: When the human world and the animal world intersect, things can go haywire. They just don’t think like we do! Thanks for the laugh!
“Apple blossoms after a rain.”
– John Nance, Retired, LADWP
“Taken in my backyard, these gazania flowers popped up some years ago without having planted them. I have never been much of a fan until I zoomed in on one of them and saw the true beauty.”
– Cathi Pearson, Retired, LAPD
John’s comment: Cathi, this could be a flower in bloom … or the sun … or a pinwheel. I love the details in this treasure flower. Thanks for submitting!
“A personal favorite. I took this picture at the Vons flower shop area. It caught my attention because it appears to show a woman in a dress walking away. Her shoulder pads are insane! LOL!”
– Alicia Pinedo, LAPD
John’s comment: Well, hmmm, Alicia, not quite sure I see that … well maybe now that you mention it … kinda sorta … hmmm. But still, all the colorful flowers in my local grocery store certainly reminds me of springtime, I would agree! Thanks for the laugh.
“Springtime Dodger baseball! Waiting patiently to see if Kershaw would turn around for an autograph for his baseball chance of a lifetime.”
– Ismael Jimenez, Transportation
John’s comment: A great sign of spring for sure, Ismael. But you left me wondering — did your son get Clayton’s autograph? Write back in and let us know!
“Raising young kids in a pandemic has been challenging, and we haven’t had many opportunities to expand their world. Last month, with the family in 90 days of post-COVID immunities, we finally did. And the kids thrilled us with big hugs at Disneyland!”
– Ike Dodson, Corrections, State of California
John’s comment: Ike, going to Disneyland is an awesome way to celebrate spring and the easing of the pandemic protocols. The affection your family feels for one another is easy to see, and will photographed. Thanks for sharing! (And, Club Members, don’t forget to use the Club’s Disneyland discount!)
“I took this today from the balcony of the Carnival Miracle, returning from Cabo about 3 a.m. With all my picture taking, I’ve never seen anything like this.”
– Mike Aubin, LADWP
John’s comment: Michael, I haven’t, either. That is an awesome picture – simple and profound. Thanks for submitting!
Picture Perfect Contest Rules
- Please submit the full, original digital file (up to 3 megs file size).
- The contest is open to all Club members in good standing. Non-members are welcome to submit, but only Club members are eligible to win the monthly prize.
- Photos can be of any subject matter: vacation, portraits, families, landscapes, still lifes, pets, etc. Subject matter must be appropriate for Alive!
- If your photograph does not win, you are welcome to re-submit.
- Winners are chosen by Club staff. All decisions will be final.
- You must certify (if asked) that you indeed took the picture. No ringers!
- The contest is all in good fun: The Club cannot be responsible for delays in delivering Alive!, or for delays in the transmission of responses.