by John Hawkins, Club CEO
How to enter:
Do you love to take pictures? Submit your photos to the Picture Perfect contest. Once a month, the best pics are selected for publication. If your photo is published, you’ll receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card!. ENTER PICTURE PERFECT CONTEST
THEME: Giving Thanks
“COVID stole their costumes and candies last year, but the kids still got their dose of ‘trick or treats.’ Their moms decorated the backyard with their wedding dress, war paint, & twirls — a true horror experience (at least for me) to remember! Anyway, I give thanks for my family and their creativity.”
– Dominique Daito, LAPD
John’s comment: Great to see your awesome photography again, Dominique. I love the positioning, almost like “The Three Graces” or the three witches in Macbeth. Sorry, not to get too high-minded! Anyway, besides the strong image, I agree – being thankful for our families and all they bring to the world is essential. Thanks for submitting!
“I believe most of us have something to be thankful for, whether it be family, friends, health, job or, if you’re lucky, all of the above. Going for a stroll in Ventura the other day, I captured this scene and felt very privileged and grateful all of the sudden.”
“The orizuru, or paper crane, is a symbol of peace, love, hope and healing during challenging times. My daughter started, and she got me into it.”
– Christine Isidro, LAFD
John’s comment: Incredible, Christine. And I have to say, it took me many viewings to see that you’ve arranged the cranes to form the peace symbol. Here’s an example of a simple form – a circle — creating meaning. I’m thankful for the peace it gives. Well done!
“Even our fall sunsets are spectacular!”
– Jill Weiszmann, Club Member
John’s comment: You’re not kidding, Jill. Wow, what a beautiful sunset up there in Cheney, Wash. Could there be any better landscape photo to remind us to be thankful for all that we have been given? Simple, powerful, excellent. Thanks!
icture Perfect Contest Rules
Picture Perfect Contest Rules
- Please submit the full, original digital file (up to 3 megs file size).
- The contest is open to all Club members in good standing. Non-members are welcome to submit, but only Club members are eligible to win the monthly prize.
- Photos can be of any subject matter: vacation, portraits, families, landscapes, still lifes, pets, etc. Subject matter must be appropriate for Alive!
- If your photograph does not win, you are welcome to re-submit.
- Winners are chosen by Club staff. All decisions will be final.
- You must certify (if asked) that you indeed took the picture. No ringers!
- The contest is all in good fun: The Club cannot be responsible for delays in delivering Alive!, or for delays in the transmission of responses.