by John Hawkins, Club CEO
How to enter:
Do you love to take pictures? Submit your photos to the Picture Perfect contest. Once a month, the best pics are selected for publication. If your photo is published, you’ll receive a $25 Amazon e-Gift Card! ENTER PICTURE PERFECT CONTEST
See Contest Rules below the pictures.
“A view of John Ford Point in Monument Valley on the Navajo Nation, Arizona.”
– Carlos Aranda, DWP
John’s comment: You took this, Carlos? Of course you did. Wow, stunning! This looks unreal. I have never been there but I must go! Thanks a ton for submitting.
John’s comment: Gorgeous, Jill! We here at Alive! love the sunsets you capture from your location in Washington State. The colors are magnificent. Nice!
“Catalina on a clear morning. This shows how rugged this island is in the middle.”
– John Nance, Retired, DWP
John’s comment: I love this view, John. I’m usually headed straight for Catalina on the Catalina Express (using the Club discount, of course), but I’ve never seen it quite this magnificent. That’s credit to you! The mountains are beautifully and naturally colored. Thanks for submitting.
“To some it may look like a scene from the Midwest, while those who walk a few extra miles might be reminded of the landscapes of Korea – at least if they watched M*A*S*H in the past, which was filmed right here at Malibu State Park. Although badly damaged by fires a few years back, the park has recovered remarkably and continues to be a true SoCal gem.”
– Yves Didier, Airport Police
John’s comment: No wonder Southern California became the place to shoot movies – we can be anything we want to be. The addition of the hiker in the lower right really anchors this photo and gives it three planes – front, middle and back. Well done!
“I was going to spend June in Italy cruising round with my Italian cousins, but that’s now on hold. Our last trip was in February this year to the Valle de Guadalupe, wine tasting. It is located 20 kilometers north of the City of Ensenada and 113 kilometers southeast of the border crossing from San Diego to Tijuana.”
– Capt. Michael Barnes, Retired, Harbor
John’s comment: You never know where you’ll be when a photo opportunity grabs you and won’t let go. I’ve probably been in buildings like this before, but I didn’t see it like you did. You’ve used the symmetry and artistic repetition effectively. I need to pay attention more! Well done!
PICTURE PERFECT CONTEST RULES:
- Please submit the full, original digital file (up to 3 megs file size).
- The contest is open to all Club members in good standing. Non-members are welcome to submit, but only Club members are eligible to win the monthly prize.
- Photos can be of any subject matter: vacation, portraits, families, landscapes, still lifes, pets, etc. Subject matter must be appropriate for Alive!
- If your photograph does not win, you are welcome to re-submit.
- Winners are chosen by Club staff. All decisions will be final.
- You must certify (if asked) that you indeed took the picture. No ringers!
- The contest is all in good fun: The Club cannot be responsible for delays in delivering Alive!, or for delays in the transmission of responses.