by John Hawkins, Club CEO
How to enter:
Do you love to take pictures? Submit your photos to the Picture Perfect contest. Once a month, the best pics are selected for publication. If your photo is published, you’ll receive a $25 Amazon e-Gift Card! ENTER PICTURE PERFECT CONTEST
See Contest Rules below the pictures.
“Here’s a ‘Picture Purrfect.’ I can’t seem to decide on the most-fitting title between ‘One for the Road’ and ‘The All-You-Can-Drink Bar Is Now Open.’”
– Yves Didier, Airport Police
John’s comment: How about, “Two Licks and I’m Outta Here!” What a gorgeous cat! Our cat finally slept on my part of the bed last night. I am still in pain because I was afraid to move and scare her away!
John’s comment: What a terrible loss that was, Joshua. I know a lot of Club Members really felt this one. There’s a lot of emotion in this photo. Thanks for submitting.
“This picture is of my son and his schoolmates from UCLA. He is a freshman in the CEED Engineering program, and it was taken at the Santa Monica Beach. I was mesmerized and fell in love with the background.”
– Sophia Ponce De Leon, LAPD
John’s comment: Sophia, you couldn’t have taken a better group photo. All the elements are there – the perfect lighting, the sunset, the nice rounded grouping, their closeness and smiles, etc. We all have to take family group shots; we should all hope to take one this good. Good luck to your son and his classmates!
“Here’s an image of the beautiful cloud reflection over Lake Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.”
– Jill Weiszmann, Club Member
John’s comment: Oh wow, Jill, are you living in paradise, or what! I have been there myself. This is just an awesome photo of a beautiful lake.
“Port of Long Beach.”
– Aaron Harris, Public Works/Street Services
John’s comment: Aaron, I love the structure of this, the clean lines, the early morning light (I’m guessing, with the lack of traffic), the way the corrugated steel in the foreground fits perfectly into the inlet, and the general peacefulness. It’s not easy to capture calm with iron and steel, but you did. Well done!
“Spreading the love virus to all!”
– Corleto Manuel, Building and Safety
John’s comment: Corleto, I know you submitted this for our popular annual Club Valentine section, but this is a great photo. Working with your subjects is always a big part of making a photo work, and you really nailed this one. Look at all these Building and Safety staff members, and they all came to have a good time. The framing is good, and there you are (I presume) in the left background. Thanks for taking the initiative on this!
PICTURE PERFECT CONTEST RULES:
- Please submit the full, original digital file (up to 3 megs file size).
- The contest is open to all Club members in good standing. Non-members are welcome to submit, but only Club members are eligible to win the monthly prize.
- Photos can be of any subject matter: vacation, portraits, families, landscapes, still lifes, pets, etc. Subject matter must be appropriate for Alive!
- If your photograph does not win, you are welcome to re-submit.
- Winners are chosen by Club staff. All decisions will be final.
- You must certify (if asked) that you indeed took the picture. No ringers!
- The contest is all in good fun: The Club cannot be responsible for delays in delivering Alive!, or for delays in the transmission of responses.