by John Hawkins, Club CEO
How to enter:
Do you love to take pictures? Submit your photos to the Picture Perfect contest. Once a month, the best pics are selected for publication. If your photo is published, you’ll receive a $25 Amazon e-Gift Card! ENTER PICTURE PERFECT CONTEST
See Contest Rules below the pictures.
“The contrast could not have been greater between the Southern California heat we recently experienced in September, while Lassen National Volcanic Park greeted me with snow (!) and a temperature drop of 50 degrees at the same time. Simultaneously, at approximately 8,500 feet the mountains seemed to suck any natural color out of the environment, eerily turning the scene into what seemed to be a black and white image.”
– Officer Yves Didier, Airport Police
John’s comment: Wow, Yves, I see what you mean about the color. At first I thought your image was black and white. The textures of this landscape are so vivid, I feel like I could reach out and run my hand over them. This silvery-blue really speaks to the feeling of winter. Thanks for sending!
“I went camping in Zion National Park this fall and took a hike up to Angel’s Landing, a 1,500-foot climb not for those afraid of heights! This is a view from the top of the trail looking north into the canyon.”
– Carlos Aranda, DWP
John’s comment: Very nice shot, Carlos! I really like how you showed the chain descending into nothingness. It’s the perfect detail … and the natural colors of the west are perfect here. Thanks!
“I’m usually capturing the sunsets, but this sunrise was spectacular.”
– Jill Weiszmann, Retired
John’s comment: Jill, with your photos, you’re creating some real mythmaking about life in Cheney, Wash. This photo has a great sense of layers – foreground, middle ground and background. My eye started at the sun, then back to the flag, then the house, and then ending on the sun again. Great balance and organization. Thanks!
PICTURE PERFECT CONTEST RULES:
- Please submit the full, original digital file (up to 3 megs file size).
- The contest is open to all Club members in good standing. Non-members are welcome to submit, but only Club members are eligible to win the monthly prize.
- Photos can be of any subject matter: vacation, portraits, families, landscapes, still lifes, pets, etc. Subject matter must be appropriate for Alive!
- If your photograph does not win, you are welcome to re-submit.
- Winners are chosen by Club staff. All decisions will be final.
- You must certify (if asked) that you indeed took the picture. No ringers!
- The contest is all in good fun: The Club cannot be responsible for delays in delivering Alive!, or for delays in the transmission of responses.