by John Hawkins, Club CEO
How to enter:
Do you love to take pictures? Submit your photos to the Picture Perfect contest. Once a month, the best pics are selected for publication. If your photo is published, you’ll receive a $25 Amazon e-Gift Card! ENTER PICTURE PERFECT CONTEST
See Contest Rules below the pictures.
“Minus tide at El Segundo power plant. I walked out about 100 yards and took this picture of the power plant’s reflection along the shore on a very calm day.”
– Mike Aubin, DWP
John’s comment: The City has some pretty cool buildings. You’ve framed this in a way that, well, doubles what was there, and emphasizes its shape and size. Thanks, Mike!
“A night in St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City. It’s a prominent landmark in NYC, known for its Neo-Gothic style.”
– Corleto Manuel, Building and Safety
John’s comment: Corleto, I’ve seen St. Patrick’s many times, but I don’t remember seeing it with such an unusual blue tint. How did you capture this? I also like your angle, looking up at what looks like a slight tilt to really emphasize how impressive it is. Nice!
“Garfield showing his inner beast.”
– Victor Ladd, Retired, LAPD
John’s comment: This seems to be the month for double-images, with this cat and its shadow. Victor, I’ve just gotten a cat for my family, so this photo of ‘Garfield’ really connected. It’s clear and rich … and the expression is contemplative and mysterious. In other words, cat-like! (And it’s hard to catch an animal calmly posed like this.) Well done!
“Recently taken during a walk at one of the local parks, this bird was certainly cleared for takeoff!”
– Yves Didier, LAPD
John’s comment: Your angle makes me feel the energy of this bird – the swoop, the power, the danger, the pride. Thanks!
PICTURE PERFECT CONTEST RULES:
- Please submit the full, original digital file (up to 3 megs file size).
- The contest is open to all Club members in good standing. Non-members are welcome to submit, but only Club members are eligible to win the monthly prize.
- Photos can be of any subject matter: vacation, portraits, families, landscapes, still lifes, pets, etc. Subject matter must be appropriate for Alive!
- If your photograph does not win, you are welcome to re-submit.
- Winners are chosen by Club staff. All decisions will be final.
- You must certify (if asked) that you indeed took the picture. No ringers!
- The contest is all in good fun: The Club cannot be responsible for delays in delivering Alive!, or for delays in the transmission of responses.