by John Hawkins, Club CEO
How to enter:
Do you love to take pictures? Submit your photos to the Picture Perfect contest. Once a month, the best pics are selected for publication. If your photo is published, you’ll receive a $25 Amazon e-Gift Card! ENTER PICTURE PERFECT CONTEST
See Contest Rules below the pictures.
“Taken from the City Hall East window on the 17th floor, wishing I were at Opening Day at Dodger Stadium.”
– Renee Ramirez, LAFD
John’s comment: I just love seeing that blimp floating around downtown. Great shot, Renee — you sure do capture quite a bit from the 17th floor. (Go Dodgers!)
“I recently went on our 20th wedding anniversary to Fiji (thanks, Costco). We found what’s at the end of the rainbow!”
– Karl Guder, Retired, General Services
John’s comment: I wonder how long you navigated the boat you were riding in, Karl, before you reached the perfect angle to capture this moment! Well done!
“A sunset on Cabrillo Beach, San Pedro.”
– Victor Ladd, Retired, LAPD
John’s comment: Victor, we’ve published many great sunset shots, and this would be among the best. I love the small group of people dwarfed by the bursting colors. Thanks for sending!
“Spring in Paris, 2018.”
– Shaudi Pishvaie, LAPD
John’s comment: Shaudi, this picture captures “April in Paris” perfectly. It’s one of my favorite cities, and the breath of fresh air I can sense just from seeing this makes me want to revisit the city … especially now after the fire at Notre Dame Cathedral. Thanks for giving me a sensory experience.
PICTURE PERFECT CONTEST RULES:
- Please submit the full, original digital file (up to 3 megs file size).
- The contest is open to all Club members in good standing. Non-members are welcome to submit, but only Club members are eligible to win the monthly prize.
- Photos can be of any subject matter: vacation, portraits, families, landscapes, still lifes, pets, etc. Subject matter must be appropriate for Alive!
- If your photograph does not win, you are welcome to re-submit.
- Winners are chosen by Club staff. All decisions will be final.
- You must certify (if asked) that you indeed took the picture. No ringers!
- The contest is all in good fun: The Club cannot be responsible for delays in delivering Alive!, or for delays in the transmission of responses.