Tax Information for City Retirees



For Retirees:

LACERS is sharing information related to taxes for City Retirees. That information is below.

LACERS 1099-R Forms

LACERS has completed its mailing of 1099-R tax documents to Retirees and beneficiaries for the 2021 tax year. Please note that 1099-Rs are sent only to the address on file with LACERS. Therefore, if you have recently moved or changed your address, update it with LACERS as soon as possible by submitting a Change of Address form that is accessible at

Don’t want to wait for the mail? Save time by viewing and printing your 1099-R via your MyLACERS online account at

Have questions about your 1099-R form? Watch LACERS’ 1099-R tax form video on LACERS’ YouTube channel at

Reminder: Tax Form 1095-B and Form 1095-C

Tax season is here, and as you prepare to file this year, please be aware that you may receive one or more forms providing information about the healthcare coverage that you had or were offered in the previous year.

Although proof of health insurance is not required for 2021, most retirees will receive a Form 1095-B, which is sent to them directly from either the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or their health plan carrier through LACERS (i.e., Kaiser Permanente or Anthem Blue Cross). Some retirees may receive both a Form 1095-B and Form 1095-C if they retired within the last year; one will reflect their LACERS coverage and one will reflect their City of Los Angeles coverage while working.

Please do not contact LACERS if you do not receive your form(s) as LACERS does not generate or have access to them. You may request a duplicate directly from your health insurance carrier.

For questions about using Forms 1095-B and 1095-C to file your taxes, please consult with your tax adviser or the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).