LACERS BOARD UPDATE
By Michael R. Wilkinson, LACERS Commissioner
As you may know, LACERS is having an extended period for open enrollments this cycle, which runs through March 31, 2021. I am happy to report that there are several improvements to the LACERS health plans that we were able to negotiate for the 2021 plan year.
The added benefits include:
- Transportation benefit: 24 one-way trips per year to medical appointments and pharmacy added to Senior Advantage
- Fitness program: Active and Fit gym membership program is added to the HMO plan (under 65) like what is offered for the Senior Advantage plan
- Online Fitness: More than 4,000 online fitness classes that include cardio, dance, meditation and bootcamp through ClassPass
- Calm App: A meditation app that helps lower stress and encourages mindfulness
- MyStrength: This digital app helps mem bers help build emotional wellness by setting goals and plans to become stronger and happier
Anthem Blue Cross
- Lifetime maximums removed from PPO and Medicare supplement plans. The $2 million lifetime cap has been removed and it is now unlimited
- Increased drug allowance. The monthly limit for drugs under the Select Generics benefit is increased from a 90-day to a 100-day supply
- Telehealth visits: Visual telehealth visits are added on the same terms as office visit for in network non-COVID19 visits
- Sydney Health App: The app allows access to your account and includes a link to make a doctor visit using live video
- Prescriptions extended from three months to 100 days
- Health Tech. A technology support line to help using your computer to access medical care
- Brain HQ: A brain fitness program that helps improve memory and attention
- Transportation benefit: 30 one-way trips per year for medical appointments and pharmacy
- Meal delivery program: Three meals a day for four weeks following discharge from an inpatient hospital or nursing home stay
Note: Information listed here is based on LACERS 2021 Open Enrollment overview.
Correction: In November’s LACERS Board Update, the year-to-date investment returns were incorrectly reported as plus 4.47 percent. The correct amount is minus 4.47 percent. Alive! regrets the error.